First International Conference «Teaching English Academic Writing in Ukraine: Problems and Prospects»
October 24-25, 2008
Director of Center for Academic Writing
Central European University
European Association for the Teaching of Academic Writing (EATAW) Chair
CALL FOR PAPERS
Deadline extended until July 20, 2008
The conference aim is to discuss theoretical and applied aspects of English academic discourse, share experience and develop innovative teaching methods.
- Importance of teaching English academic writing in the light of the Bologna process
- Methodological approaches to teaching academic writing
- Using new technologies in teaching academic writing
- Researching English academic discourse
Presentation formats and participation options
- Plenary presentation (up to 20 minutes)
- Individual presentation (up to 15 minutes)
- Workshop (60 minutes): Interactive presentation with active participation of the audience
- Attending the conference without a presentation
Conference languages are English and Ukrainian.
- Deadline for proposals – July 20, 2008;
- Notification of acceptance: August 17, 2008;
- Confirmation of attendance: September 15, 2008;
- Deadline for paying the registration fee: September 28, 2008.
- Registration fee for Ukrainian participants: 100 UAH
- Registration fee for international participants: 50 EUR
- Fees include the conference kit, one lunch and coffee breaks.
Please submit the registration form/speaker proposal form and an abstract with a maximum of 300 words to Halyna Kaluzhna (email@example.com.)
by July 20, 2008.
Please make the registration fee payment through the mail transfer to the following address:
Knyahyni Olhy St 73, apt. 25
and send the scanned copy of the mail transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The book of abstracts will be published before the beginning of the conference and will be included into the conference kit.
Only abstracts by those participants who confirm their participation by September 15 will be included in the conference program.