The Center for English Academic Writing, together with the LIDHUM project, organizes the conference “Role of Writing in the Teaching of Humanities”, which will be held at the Ivan Franko National University of L’viv on March 29, 2013.
The conference aim is to discuss:
- writing as cognitive activity;
- role of writing in higher education in the context of the Bologna process;
- genres of academic communication;
- criteria of writing assessment;
- ways and methods of developing English and Ukrainian writing skills of students;
- potential place and tasks of writing centers in the structure of Ukrainian universities.
The conference will bring together the University teachers of Humanities interested in writing as a tool of personal and professional development. The book of conference abstracts will be widely disseminated in academic circles of Ukraine..
The Conference language is Ukrainian.