Second International Conference “Teaching English Academic Writing in Ukraine and Elsewhere: Problems and Prospects” (TEAW II)
November 18-19, 2011
CALL FOR PAPERS
The conference aim is to discuss theoretical and applied aspects of teaching English academic communication, share pedagogical experience, and develop innovative teaching methods.
1. Importance of teaching English academic writing in the context of the Bologna process (Chair ‒ Dr. Valentyna Maksymuk, firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Methodology of teaching English academic writing (Chair ‒ Dr. Svitlana Markelova, email@example.com)
3. Use of new technologies in teaching academic writing (Chair ‒ Dr. Olha Ivashchyshyn, firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Research of English academic discourse (Chair ‒ Dr. Tatyana Yakhontova, email@example.com)
English and Ukrainian
Presentation formats and participation options:
- Individual oral presentation (up to 15 minutes);
- Workshop (60 minutes): Interactive presentation with active participation of the audience;
- Participation without a presentation.
Registration fee for international participants: 50 EUR (to be paid on site)
Fees include the conference kit, one lunch and coffee breaks (conference dinner is not included)
Deadline for proposals
September 30, 2011
Conference application materials:(to be sent electronically to Chairs of the panels chosen by participants themselves in accordance with the topic of submission)
- Abstract of the presentation;
- Registration form.
Conference application materials submitted after the deadline will not be accepted!
REQUIREMENTS TO ABSTRACTS
Text size: one page
Page size: A4 (210 х 297 mm); top – 2cm, bottom – 2cm, left – 2.5 cm, right – 1 cm
Font: Times New Roman 12, 1.5-spaced
First line: Author’s first and last names (boldface, right alignment)
Second line: Affiliation (right alignment)
Fourth line: Presentation title (Times New Roman 14, capitalized, boldface, centered)
Fifth line: empty
Sixth line and further: abstract text